Rikei Concluded Distributor Agreement, Starting to Sell its Modulators and Demodulators, which Use Next-Generation (3rd-Generation) Satellite Communications Method "NS3".
Rikei Corporation (Head Office: Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo; President & CEO: Tetsuo Kuroda) would like to announce it has concluded a distributor Agreement with NovelSat Ltd. (Head Office: Israel; CEO: Itzik Wulkan), starting to sell NovelSat's modulators and demodulators which have adopted next-generation (3rd-generation) satellite modulation : "NS3," which NovelSat has been promoting.
NovelSat is a technology company specializing in next-generation satellite communications technology, developing and producing modulators, demodulators and also ASIC. This next-generation satellite communications method provides higher performance even when compared with the current industry standard satellite modulation DVB-S2 (*1), and we are sure that it will greatly contribute to higher transmission speed, more effective use of bandwidth and also highest cost performance.
Major Features of NS3
- 44 Independent tests by tier 1 broadcasters and teleports show improvements over leading edge DVB-S2 implementations.
- 28 - 37% capacity increases with 36MHz transponders.
- Up to 71% capacity increases with 54MHz transponders.
- 56 - 78% typical capacity increases with 72MHz transponders.
- Maximum 358Mbps transmission is attainable when a 72MHz transponder is used).
- 64APSK can be used.
- Maximum Symbol Rate (:2): 72Msps
- Footprint becomes wider when the same necessary C/N ratio (*3) and the same necessary transmission speed are considered.
- The modulator and demodulator can also be sued as conventional DVB-S and DVB-S2.
- Full backward compatibility with both DVB-S and DVB-S2.
From the above, the merits when you change from DVB-S to NS3 are as follows.
- Transmission capacity increases by 28% or more. (28% or more bandwidth decrease)
- Necessary C/N ratio becomes lower with the footprint becoming wider, or with the necessary antenna size becoming smaller, which leads to higher cost performance.
For your information, Rikei has already successfully completed satellite communications transmission experiments at about 150Mbps by using actual Ku-band and a 36MHz transponder under the 64APSK. Through these successful experiments, it has been proved that these products can be used for such applications as simultaneously transmitting high-volume files to multiple sites, including relay stations which require high-speed transmissioin, at a very high speed.
Rikei's Sales Plan
Using our experiences and know-how in the filed of satellite communications, which we have accumulated through many years of our business, we will continue to propose excellent solutions to such markets as the video transmission market which requires high image quality and immediateness, and also to the content delivery market, which requires "the nature of broadcasting", and will continue to lead the satellite communications industry in Japan.
- *1. DVB-S2: The 2nd - Generation satellite modulation. It is for satellite broadcasting of International Standard for Broadcasting DVB (Digital Video Broadcast).
- *2. Symbol Rate: The minimum unit of capability of simultaneously sending information is Symbol. Symbol rate means the number of symbols which can be processed per second.
- *3. Necessary C/N Ratio: The lower limit of C/N (Carrier to Noise) Ratio which enables stable receiving.
- *4. Footprint: Service area where you can receive signals directly from a communications satellite.
* Product names, company names, marks, logos and symbols which may appear above are trademarks or registered trademarks of respective companies.
About NovelSat Ltd.
Established in 2007. Its head office is based in Israel. The company is developing, producing and selling products and ASIC which support next-generation satellite communications method.
|Company Name||Rikei Corporation|
|Address||163-0535 Shinjuku Nomura Bldg., Nishi-Shinjuku 1-26-2, Tokyo|
|Capital||Yen 3.42691 Billion (as of the end of March, 2012)|
|President & CEO||Tetsuo Kuroda|
|Field of Business||System Solution|
Electronic Parts/Components & Instrumentation
About our business in general:
New Business Development Dept,
+81 3 3345 2180 ( dial-in ) Uchiyama